Robinson Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

3 Years Old!

Our little boy is now 3 years old! I wanted to post sooner, but I could not get all the pictures loaded. This will be kind of a long post, but there are so many things to post.

I'll start off w/ Thursday, where Scott and I brought cupcakes to his MDO. He was so excited to see Scott there. He ran over and unleashed a torrent of words, most of which we did not understand. We did catch the words "play", "slide", "outside" and "friends". We got the general picture.






He had birthday pancakes on his special day. It was basically his normal breakfast w/ a candle. He loved it though. We let him open a couple of presents from us. We figured we would pace ourselves since we knew he'd have more coming. Next his Uncle Huy, Aunt Shannon and Uncle Steve stopped by bearing gifts. Huy and Shannon got him some much needed play clothes. Steve got him a cool bicycle complete with helmet and pads. Thank you for your generous gifts! We headed out for a celebratory lunch afterwards. We had a great time. We're sorry they couldn't stay for the party, but appreciate the time we had w/ them.






It's off to the Little Gym for his party! He's been there once for Zach's birthday and had a great time. Today was no exception. His theme was Mickey Mouse. We received a catalog in the mail a few weeks back from the party store and they had Mickey Mouse stuff in it. He would look at that page everyday telling me he wanted a Mickey Mouse cake. It was a done deal. I don't have a picture of the cake. Doh! Fortunately, Christina does and I'll add those when she posts her pictures. Thanks, Chris. I think my favorite part of the whole day was when he was "blowing" out his candle. He had trouble blowing it out b/c it was further away from him and he wouldn't lean in. I don't know why I didn't think to turn the cake around and push it closer to him, but it was fun watching anyway. During one attempt, it came out as more of a big sigh. He also tried to wave it out w/ his hands. I loved it. In the end, he had a little help from me. On a side note, I did want to say to both our parents and the rest of my family that we missed them. Scott's mom has been sick for over two weeks now and my mom has shingles. We wish them a very speedy recovery and Nicholas is looking forward to seeing you soon.






We want to say how much we appreciate everyone that help make this day so so special for our little man. Thank you for the thoughtful gifts. But most of all, thank you for being there, not just on his birthday, but every day with your love and support. He is blessed to have all of you in his life.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

From the Starrs:

Just wanted to pass along a great learning website (my girls have used it and I plan to work on it w/ Doug JR)- www.starfall.com. It is a website endorsed by our school district in Texas.

THE KNIGHTS said...

Happy Birthday Nick! AWESOME party! Such an amazing BIG boy! We love you! (and how appropriate that at least 50% of the video is me lecturing my kid!?) I will get you photos today. Phanfare was acting up yesterday and i had to re-install it. Love you!

The Robinsons said...

chris, how funny! i don't remember that when i watched it on the camera. our comp speakers are not working so i couldn't hear it again once i loaded it. so happy you guys came. nick LOVES his race track.

thuy, thanks for the tip on the website!

Pittman said...

Looks like a great time, wish we could have been there. Tell him Happy Birthday for all of us.

Beth said...

I totally thought I left a comment, then realized I didn't. We love Nicholas and are sad we couldn't spend his birthday with him. He is so much fun to be around.