Well, our baby boy turns 3 tomorrow. I can't believe how quickly it has gone by. And there's not a dang thing I can do about it. We were waiting at Rick's bakery this afternoon (to pick up his cake) and I almost started crying like a fool. He was sitting next to me, swinging his little legs, singing a sweet song he learned in school. He would occasionally glance at me and Scott, give us a little smile and continue singing. He looked so content (he did just have a choc. chip muffin). I did lose it this evening. Scott usually reads to him and sits with him in the dark for a while at bedtime. Tonight, I stayed after Scott left. We talked awhile about what we were going to do tomorrow, then he sang Amazing Grace, Rainbow Connection, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Folsom Prison and Hush Little Baby. What can I say, he loves to sing. I cried listening to him sing that last song. He's got the sweetest little voice in the world.
Our little man is a true blessing in our lives. We thank God everyday for him. Happy Birthday! We love you, Nichol-hiney.
.jpg)


.jpg)
6 comments:
now i'm getting teary-eyed. he does have a precious, soft voice and he is so pleasant to be around. Happy 3rd Birthday Nicholas!
Just you wait til he starts his first day of Kindergarten- memorable day too. I can't believe my baby girl is now 10. Just live in the moment each and everyday. It was great seeing your entire family in the Christmas picture- they all look great. Say hi to Nghia and Khoi for me, Kenny, Chi Ngoc and her husband Anh Thanh (their daughter is going to college in Aug.- another memorable time.)
Happy 3rd birthday Nick! It goes by so quickly, I know. I loved seeing how he's grown the past few years.
Happy Birthday to Nick!! Hope to see lots of photos from his party!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love that little guy bunches and are so glad he had a good day. I can never make it all the way thru the bday song without my voice crackling on Z's bdays, so I know JUST what you mean. Another fun background too!
Happy Birthday Nicholas. I hate thinking about how big they are getting. He has a wide range of music - that made me laugh.
Post a Comment