Robinson Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2009

That's Gonna Leave A Mark

The other day I left Nick to color at his easel. I'm in my bathroom changing when he comes in and says...

Nick: No coloring on the wall. Only on paper.
Me: That's right, only on paper. No coloring on the wall.

Pause.

Me: Did you color on the wall, Nicholas?
Nick: Yes.

He scribbled on the hall wall w/ a black crayon. It wasn't huge, but you can see it. Worst thing is, it's not a washable crayon. I know, I know, but he has never done this before. I cannot get it off. He got a stern warning from me that if he ever did that again, I'd spank his little hiney. Anyone have any suggestions other than painting over it?

7 comments:

THE KNIGHTS said...

He he he!!! Wheres the picture!? HOW CUTE! Funny he fessed up too!

Do you have a magic eraser? Are your walls flat finish or semigloss?

Lauren said...

I googled the answer: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, or Windex with Vinegar. Let me know if it works so that I can file it away for the future.

McNubbin's Mom said...

When Gabby colors, she calls it "E. I. O." Not sure where that came from. Anyway, she E .I. O.'d on the tray to the highchair at my parent's yesterday. I am not a big fan of crayons!
I bet that was so cute when he told on himself. It's hard to get mad.

Beth said...

I would move.

The Robinsons said...

the magic eraser did the trick. i don't know why i didn't think of it. but you need to rub gently or the some paint will come off too. thanks for the tip!

Jill Robinson said...

A child after my own heart. You should check with Mom. I'm pretty sure on several occasions I would hold a crayon in my hand and walk from one end of the hall down to the other, joyfully marking along the way.

THE KNIGHTS said...

glad the magic eraser worked! WOo hoo!