I took Nick to the doctor on Friday for his 3 year check up. He did well considering he hates being poked and prodded. The first thing Nick said to the doctor when he arrived was, "no looking at wee wee". I was a bit mortified, but seeing how it didn't faze the man (he just chuckled), I didn't dwell on it. According to the doctor, we have a perfectly healthy, normal little boy. He weighs 32lbs and is almost 38in tall. Both in the 50th percentile, so right on average.
I figured I also take this opportunity to record some of the things Nick is currently doing and saying.
**Pick a Number, Any Number**
N: Mommy. I got a boo boo on a fingah.
Me: You do? Where?
N: Wight here. (Pointing at his right ring finger) Number nine.
He counts to ten on his fingers starting w/ his left pinkie and working his way over to his right pinkie, which is number ten. So each digit has it's own number. Duh.
**Feet Fetish**
He thinks anything w/ the word feet added to it is the funniest thing in the world. Orange juice feet? HI-larious. Brush your teethfeet? Pee in your pants funny! This has gone on for a few weeks now. Oh, well. It could be worse I suppose.
Another thing he just started doing is smelling his feet. He thinks it's hysterical, especially when I give him a strange look.
**Daddy Taught Me**
Nick and I were writing letters together on the Magnadoodle today when ...
N: That sucks!
Me: What did you say?
N: That sucks!
Me: We don't say that, it's not a nice word. Who taught you that?
N: Daddy
Me: Daddy, huh?
N: Mommy.
Me: I don't think so.
**Cry Me a River**
Lately when I get onto him or tell him not to do something, he clenches his eyes shut and opens his mouth wide and forces himself to "cry". It's really pathetic. There's really no sound as the tries to muster up some semblance of a cry. He'll come over all pitiful and try to hug me. I've thought about ignoring him a couple of times, but it's awful hard to do. Even when I know he's full of crap. After I give him a hug, he'll woefully ask me to wipe his nose and then his eyes. You know, the eyes that are brimming w/ non existent tears.
Thomas Turns 14!
6 years ago

3 comments:
You and Nick have the most entertaining conversations! I hope Lauren and I are able to meet him some day.
LOL! How funny he is! Would he think I was pretty cool if I let him smell my toes next time he's over?
I'm thinking Nicholas may go into show business.
Post a Comment