________________________________________________________________
Kale's Super Party
Nick's little friend, Kale, turned 3 this month and we were there to help celebrate it, superhero style. It was at the Jump Zone. I can not tell you how much Nick loved this place. I was a bit stunned initially by the swarm of shrieking kids around us. Nick was not fazed by this, even after he had his poor fingers stomped on by a brute 8 year old girl. All the slides there were like 2 stories high, and I am not prone to exaggeration. Of course those were the ones Nick wanted to go down, so guess who had to climb up those monoliths while pushing his sorry butt up there? Let me tell you, those thing are no joke. The first slide I went down, it took my breath away. I know, I'm a wuss. Anyway, after what seemed like 13 hours of nonstop fun, we finally made our way to the party room for some cake and punch. It was at this point, I realized 2 things. All those shrieking kids, well, they were also part of the birthday party. Secondly, Shannon, Kale's mama, is a superhero herself. As party favors, she made for each kid a cape and a mask. How stinking cool is that? Did I mention there were a ton of kids? Who knew she was so crafty? Check out her tooth fairy pillows here.





________________________________________________________________
Child Labor
Nike's got nothing on me. Nick likes to "cook", so I let him do it w/ some dry pinto beans sometimes. Apparently, he got bored after a while and decided it would be more fun to sprinkle them on the floor. After dumping two handfuls of pinto beans on the floor, he (very seriously, btw) came over and ordered "mommy, pick it up". You can imagine what my expression was. After a couple of "you pick it up" "no, mommy do it", I thought now would be a good time to teach him the fine art of using a dustbuster.
See that form in the last picture? That is what's known as the "asian squat", so it's genetic. My Asian brethren will know what I'm talking about. Also, please ignore the fact that my child is still in his pjs. It was only early afternoon. I usually manage to change him into regular clothes before his father gets home. Wouldn't want him to think I don't do anything.


3 comments:
About time! Miss seeing pics and videos of Nicholas!
so glad you are back. Missed you. Missed seeing Nick...Loved the cape and mask, I will have to remember that. Also, love the dustbuster thingy.
Good job on training him with the Dustbuster!
Post a Comment