Robinson Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lord of the Rings

My little brother, Huy, got married a couple weeks back and Nick was one of the ring bearers. You should have seen him at the rehearsal. On his first attempt, he went stomping down the aisle, pleased as pie w/ himself. The good mood was dampened only because someone dare suggest that he stand in line w/ the groomsmen once he reached the alter. In case you didn't know, he has an aversion to standing in line. His second march down the aisle was more of a mad shuffling. Pretty funny, wish I had taken a video of both.

How did he do? Not too shabby considering he was up really late the night before, was up early, did not get to eat lunch and had to wear a monkey suit. Trust us, he complained loudly and often. But when the big moment came, he was clutch. He took his time strolling down the aisle, soaking in the fact that everyone was looking at him. We were pretty proud of our little man. His cousin, also named Nicholas, was a ring bearer too, but walked w/ older his sister, Megan. Check out in the video how he's trying to hold her hand, and she keeps slapping it away. Cracked me up!


The ceremony was beautiful and the reception lots of fun. Nick had his eyes on the groom's cake the entire time. It was a Transformer cake surrounded by cupcakes. He was half asleep, but somehow managed to down 2 cupcakes. With the sugar rush, he shook it on the dance floor. I wish had a video of it. When I get it, I'll post it.


Congratulations to Huy and his beautiful new bride, Shannon! We love you guys and will miss you!

5 comments:

Thao said...

love the pic of you, nick, & scott! you are positively glowing! nick & scott look handsome in their suits too! i can't believe it's finally time!!!!!

Lauren said...

You are such a beautiful pregnant woman! Love the cake faced Nick!

Beth said...

Amy, you look awesome! The picture of the three of you - is great! Love how handsome Huy looks and how beautiful his bride is...congratulations to them!

THE KNIGHTS said...

You look GREAT in that color! And I think I watched the video of Nick at least 4 times. He is tooooo funny. I can very clearly imagine his reaction to standing in line. Wanna just squeeze that boy!

Heidi said...

Awwwwe. Not to slight the bride but you looked so pretty!!