Before our guests arrived, Scott and I had a talk w/ Nick about being a gracious host and what that entailed. Funny, because shortly after they arrived, Sarah and Eric told us that they had a talk w/ their kids in the car about being polite guests. Not that they needed to, their kids are so well behaved. Well, Nick made us so proud. Seriously. Who was this kid? He greeted everyone at the door and asked Jack and Sophia if they wanted to go upstairs to play w/ his toys. Checking on them at one point, I saw Nick playing on his piano and singing into his mike while Jack/Sophia sat there and watched. It was pretty comical. I told him that they would probably rather play w/ his toys than sit there and watch him. To make them feel welcomed, Nick talked nonstop. Nonstop. I think Jack/Sophia were able to get a few words in. Our favorite moment was when he told Scott on the way down to dinner, "Daddy, Jack is getting so big now."
After dinner we broke out the Wii. Watching the kids play was the highlight of the night, especially Jack. That kid cracks me up! Just check out the video below.
Thanks to the Barnes family for coming. We had such a good time and hope to do it again soon!

0 comments:
Post a Comment