Robinson Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friday Playdate

Nick starts Kindergarten this fall. **sniff**   So I placed Abby in a MDO program once a week on Fridays so that Nick and I could spend some one on one time together. He calls it his special Friday. We usually go bowling, play miniature golf, etc...  We just hang out. He loves it and I love it. Abby kinda loves it, but that's another post.

If you've been around Nicholas for any amount of time, you know that Ava J. is his girlfriend. Of course, he calls all his little girl friends that. And he says he's got lots of girlfriends, but Ava's his best girlfriend. Well, we decided to invite Ava to bowl with us last Friday. Both kids had a good time, mostly. Nicholas got a bit sulky when Ava was leading during the second game. He had won the first one. It was funny, his shoulders were all hunched and he alternated between tearfulness and surliness.  So much for chivalry!  Ava could not have cared less, she was busy rolling around on the floor w/ the bowling ball and dancing. He ended up winning that game by 3 points, and you should have seen the sheepish look on his face.

All in all, a successful "date", though I'm not sure they'll allow us back. There were more than a few ball-over-the-head throws.  ~CRINGE~  I tried to explained that divots are for golf, not bowling.




3 comments:

Beth said...

First kindergarten, next high school. I can't believe how big he looks. I know I say that about all your pics, but really. Remember when he was a baby...now he's on dates. Way to impress the ladies Nick, by beating them :)

hkaiser said...

So sweet! I'm sure Nick was in heaven!

Thao said...

I can't believe how fast Nick has grown! I mean - he's got a girlfriend??! Make him wait till after college like our parents did! It's fun watching them grow and learn, but it does make you teary eyed too, huh?