Robinson Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Let's Catch Up...

Hi, everyone! First, my sincerest apologies to the grandparents, aunts and uncles who've been waiting for a new post on Nicholas. I know I've been slacking in the blog dept, and I'll try my best to update more regularly. But, no promises. It's difficult to find motivation to blog after a long day. I just want to lie on the couch and stare at my big, fat belly in the evenings.

A quick update on the pregnancy. I had my doctor's appointment Thurs and everything is looking good so far. I'm showing much more at this point than I was w/ Nick, but I heard that's common w/ your second. Many would say it's due to a lack of muscle tone, but I'd prefer to say it's due to, well, okay lack of muscle tone. My thyroid had been hypoactive, so it's been rough to say the least. But now that it's corrected, I'm feeling so much better. We'll find out in 4 weeks the sex of the baby! Now, on to Nicholas and what he's been up to these past weeks. Sorry there are only a few pictures and they don't really go w/ the subject, but wanted to post them anyway.

**Nocturnal Visits**
When we initially put Nick in his big boy bed a few months ago, he quickly developed the habit every night of casually sauntering out of his room to hang out (7-8 times at least). Not to mention the 4am visits to our room. I had sternly told him no more getting out of bed. He took me at my word. He didn't get out of bed. Ever. Instead he would just sit in bed and sing and/or holler at the top of his lungs until he fell asleep and continued when he woke up. We would have to open his door and tell him to get out of bed. Growing weary of that, we told him it was okay to get out of bed if he needed anything. In fact, we encouraged it.

We're back to the 7-8 visits each night before he nods off, but at least he is more creative this time around. No longer does he come to hang out, he has needs. Drink of water, one last drink of water, I need to pee pee, I need to talk to my mommy, I want to cuddle you, etc... We have to bite our lips not to laugh at times. We still get the occasional middle of the night visits, but it's worth it, especially when he comes bounding into our room each morning and says, "whatchu doin, Daddy?"


**Shameless Promotion**
Are you ready for it? Nicholas can read, write and spell upwards of a hundred words. Don't blame me for the shameless promotion. Blame it on the grandparents, aunts and uncles. I've got an audience I need to appease. Besides, I like to record when he's doing what. I'm sure there are other kids doing this at this age, but we're pretty proud of him nonetheless. He's like a sponge, always asking me, "mommy, what's that word" or "how do you spell...?" It's cute, except when we're in a hurry.


**A Boy By Any Other Name...**
Lately he's been making us call him by different names. Sometimes he's SuperWhy, other times he's the Zinus Kids (Science kid), he's also the Wemones (the Ramones).

Me: Good night, Nicholas.
Nick: SuperWhy. Good night, SuperWhy.

**Green Thumb**
Nick loves working out in the yard w/ Scott. He's gotten quite good at helping Scott plant. Scott took him to the store the other week to pick out a couple of plants of his own. He chose okra and tomato. If you ask him what he's growing, he'll tell you okra and donuts. My kind of garden.


**I'm A Big Boy Now**
Me: I love my baby boy. Are you my baby?
Nick: No. I'm not a baby. I'm a big boy.

Scott: I think you're being a little toot.
Nick: No whittle. I'm a big toot.



Well, that's it for now. Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful mommies out there!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh how I love to hear Nicholas stories. They're the best!

THE KNIGHTS said...

We miss you! This was so fun to read after such a long time away! Glad everyone is doing well!

Beth said...

You should lay around as much as you can now...because once #2 comes along...no more. Also, love how smart Nicholas is...he is a big boy. Love the pics. I also want a donut plant.