Robinson Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Mr. Ken


I'm sure you've seen a post or two about Nick's resistance (putting it oh so mildly) to getting his hair cut. Well, 3-4 months ago Scott and I thought we'd give it another go at a salon. Scott took him to Great Clips and a guy named "Mr. Ken" cut his hair. He did fabulously. We were stunned. Where did this compliance come from? I suppose it didn't hurt that we bribed him w/ his toy of choice at Walmart.

So Mr. Ken has been his stylist for the last few months. Ask him and he'd be happy to tell you. School pictures were coming up and he needed a trim. Unfortunately, Mr. Ken was not available and one of the girls there had to do it. After the cut, she styled it per my request (a fauxhawk of sorts b/c the front was too blunt.) I wish you could have seen the look on Nick's face and heard his howl of indignation.

"What did you do to my hair?! I've got crazy hair now!! What? What? What did you do?!" I tried to explain to him that his hair looked cool. His response was, "crazy hair is not cool!!"

The stylist could not stop laughing, and neither could everyone else in the salon. When Scott fixed Nick's hair for school the next morning, he immediately put water on it and brushed it down. The following day was picture day. I asked him to let me style his hair. Once pictures were over he wouldn't have to wear the crazy hair anymore. As soon as we arrived, all the teachers and moms told him how cool his hair looked. I'm quite certain he could not have walked around w/ his chest puffed out any higher. He has not complained about his hair since. Although we have not styled the fauxhawk now that the "bangs" look better. If you ask him who cuts his hair now, he'll say, "that woman."

0 comments: