Robinson Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Very Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day this year was wonderful! I hope it was special for all the other moms out there as well.

My favorite part was the whole gift experience w/ Nick. I love it when he picks out a gift for me by himself. Scott took him to Target a couple of nights ago to pick out my present. He told Scott he was sure I'd want a toy and headed straight over there (he knows Target inside and out, we go there often.) Scott said maybe not. He was sworn to secrecy. But I just couldn't help it. I love asking him because he just can't keep a secret. I usually loosen him up w/ a couple of general questions, then I go in for the kill. The problem is usually deciphering what he's talking about.

M: Did you pick out a present for mommy?
N: Um, yeah. But I'm not suppose to tell you.
M: Did you go to WM or Target?
N: Uh, we went to both.
M: Really? Did you get my gift at Target?
N: Yeah.
M: What'd you get me?
N: It's a thing that you put stuff in and then you can put it in your cup.


Scott got me a beautiful necklace w/ the kids' birthstones on it and a couple of blog books. I've been wanting one of those books since my friend Heidi got one. He did such a good job. I can't begin to tell you how much I love love love them. I got one for 2008 and 2009. I rarely ever go back to read a post and it was fun for us to flip through the books and reminisce. Seeing all the memories documented (many of which we had forgotten) really made me glad I started and stuck w/ the blog. I am now recommitted to this "project."


I was pampered the rest of the day and treated to a scrumptious brunch at Copeland's and a delicious dinner cooked by my hubby. Happy Mother's day to my mom and to Scott's mom. Thank you for your love and support. Thank you to my sweet hubby. You made it such a special day for me. Thank you to my sweet babies, Nick and Abby. I love being your mommy.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love the blog books! Glad you had a great Mday!

Heidi said...

You look so pretty in the pictures w/ Nick & Abby! Can't wait to see your books! Way to go Scott (even though he totally copied Jason).