Robinson Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Well, we finally got the Christmas tree up. Standard fare, no garland, no topper. Nick helped us out by "showing" us where he wanted to place his ornaments. In reality, we kinda guided him along about where to put it. He really didn't care though, he was more concerned about playing w/ the gift boxes. If Nick had real control of where to place the ornaments, he would have put them all in the exact same spot, which is what he tried to do on the real tree. They would've been stacked on top of one another. We'll give it another go next year, or maybe we will just get him his own tree to decorate. That way Scott can hang his hideous looking Star Wars ornaments.

We dusted off the advent calendar and hid a small treat behind each door. Nick got it after couple of nights. He immediately asks to open the next, but doesn't put up a fight when we tell him he has to wait. He knows exactly which number to open each night. It's pretty cute to watch.

Our mantle is relatively bare, still trying to figure that out. I did hang a little scroll Nick made in his MDO last year, along w/ a paper angel ornament on the tree. So so cute. My parents still hang ornaments and various crafts my brothers and I made when we were kids on their tree. Remember the clothespin reindeer everyone made in 3rd grade? They still have it, just missing an eye and an ear. I always marvel at the time that has past when I look at them. I hope to do the same thing and add all of Nick's stuff to our tree every year. This is one time I don't care if it doesn't match.






4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Your tree looks so good! And I like the nutcrackers by the fireplace. When I saw the art project from MDO it made me smile - so sweet!

Beth said...

Your tree is so pretty! Looks so festive at your house.

McNubbin's Mom said...

Looks great! I didn't know they made Star Wars ornaments - cool!

Lauren said...

That's a gorgeous looking tree. Mine is up, but still not decorated.