We kicked off the first leg of the Robinson Thanksgiving Extravaganza with a stay in Glazier, TX on Tuesday. We stayed with Granny Charlotte (Scott's mom's mom). It's normally a 6 hour trip, but you have to tack on an hour or so when you've got a kid. We got off to a little later start than we wanted. We let Nick sleep in, thinking he might sleep until 7:30, maybe 8. He chose, of all days, to sleep until 9. He would never do this on the weekend. The extra sleep did pay off, as he was relatively pleasant during the trip. You know, if I was strapped in a comfy car seat, forced to watch all my fave dvds, and stuffed my face with sugary snacks, I wouldn't have much to complain about. Back in the day, I (one of 7 passengers) rode in the middle console of the '78 Oldsmobile, listening to an 8 track tape (there was only one, it came w/the car), on a ten hour car ride.
We were enthusiastically met by Granny, Aunt Kay and Jett, Kay's grandson. Jett, who is 7 and in the first grade, was just wonderful with Nicholas. We love that Nick got a chance to hang out with his cousin. It was very obvious Nick loved being around Jett, as he followed him around and copied all his actions.
We had a wonderful time catching up and watching Nick and Jett play. Much thanks to Granny Charlotte for putting us up for the night. We were happy we could be there to wish her a happy 90th birthday. I'm posting a few pictures here, but you can check out the rest of the our Thanksgiving pictures here.
Thomas Turns 14!
6 years ago





1 comments:
those are some great pics. Really good. Also, I LOVE, LOVE when you give us a glimpse into your childhood. LOVE. IT.
Post a Comment