Robinson Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

Over-nighter

Scott and I have only been away from Nicholas on one occasion. Last May we took a trip to DC w/ another couple for the weekend. Scott's parents came and watched Nick. He did extremely well, in fact, he didn't ask for me once (traitor). I imagine "no" was not a word he heard often that weekend. He was living the good life. Well, Scott and I are planning to take our little man to my folks tomorrow and let him stay the night. Then we plan on having a grand ol' time! This will be his first time away from home w/out us. Fortunately for Nick, the word "no" is rarely uttered by my parents when he is around. I can see it now... he'll strut into my parents' house and immediately demand ice cream, which he will receive posthaste. He'll eat copious amounts of candy and will be up until midnight. He will then believe this is the new order of the world and expect the same treatment when he comes home. *smirk* Let's wish them luck!

I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

McNubbin's Mom said...

What are you crazy kids going to do with your evening?! I can relate - Gabby has only spent 2 nights without me.
Thank you for showing me the pioneer woman. That is right up my alley!
Have a wonderful date!

Beth said...

Have a good time! I hate leaving my kiddos, but John doesn't:)