Being the ever enthusiastic kid he is, Nicholas announced that he wasn't going to skate. That was before we got there. But once he saw that it was a bunch of out of control kids on wheels torpedoing in all directions, he was game. They had these cool starter skates where the wheels only go forward. You could still fall, but it looked like it was much easier for the kids to learn. The parents were also able to go out there w/out skates. Thank, goodness. There was no way I was going to humiliate myself. I don't have game, unlike my friend, Don. He brought his own skates.
After a few rounds, Nick told Scott to go sit. He was going to skate all by himself. And he did! Well, he didn't so much skate as he clomped around, but still. He fell a few times, but picked himself right back up. We were extremely proud... in between cringing as we watched him go in the opposite direction. Thanks for inviting us to celebrate w/ you!

1 comments:
What?! I think I remember that you were always good at roller skating! You could even skate backwards! Lol.
Post a Comment