Robinson Blog

Monday, September 22, 2008

Airprwane Wide

So how did Nicholas do on his first plane ride? Not too bad, considering we had a 7am departure. The first leg of our flight from here to Dallas was 45 mins. There was teeth-clenching, seat kicking, howling and general shows of displeasure for only 40 mins of it. He clapped and giggled during turbulence and the landing. I mean, really, what more could you ask for? I'll have to check, but I'm almost positive that under FAA regulations you are allowed to beat your child. You must be airborne and use a flotation device or something like that.

Our mistake was making him sit in his car seat on the plane. We thought he might be more comfortable. He hated it and kept trying to get out which he never does in the car. On our second leg, we valeted the seat and just had him sit normally. We had our fingers crossed the entire time and he was awesome on that 3 hr flight. Our flight back was a little rough. We had to wake up at 3:30am to catch our flight, and sleep had been in short supply during our entire trip. It was pretty good all things considered. But let's just say he won't be flying again until he turns 18. Sounds reasonable.

Enjoying his inflight video

1 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so glad you are home! It looks like to me that Nicholas is sitting in First Class - probably why he enjoyed the second leg more!