Robinson Blog

Monday, September 15, 2008

It's Genetic, Dummy!

Nicholas is not what I would call a super picky eater, but he certainly has his likes and dislikes. One of our biggest issue is just getting him to try something new. We know he'll like most foods once he tries it, but getting it into his mouth is a challenge. After much experimentation and observation (this morning), I have developed a foolproof method. It involves no coaxing, demands or threats. Ready? I simply eat the food in front of him without offering him any. His "I need to check this out" radar goes off immediately. I'll ignore his demands for a bite and he'll grab my hand to shove the food in his mouth. Genius!! Well, maybe not so much genius as he is genetically predisposed. Whenever we go out to eat, Scott's dish always looks and tastes better than mine, even if I order the same thing.

He's got his game face on.

0 comments: