Robinson Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is Nothing Sacred?

I read an article last night that caused extreme incredulity, disgust and outrage. Are you sitting down? Apparently, they are going to remake the Karate Kid (wait, it gets better) with Will Smith's son, Jaden. What the?!?! The kid (who's really very smug looking in his pic btw) is only 10. What is wrong with these people? While I may not be the biggest fan of Karate Kid (actually, I make fun of Scott every time he watches it on TV), I can admit it has a certain charm. Scott would argue that it transcends time. And the soundtrack can best be described as... inspirational. I fear once Scott hears about this, he will curl into the fetal position.

Read the rest of the article here , then post your outrage!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Ralph Macchio will ALWAYS be the Karate Kid, and no bad guy will ever top William Zabka of the Cobra Kai. So I don't know why they are even bothering with a remake. Second, Karate Kid is only one of many awesome movies my wife makes fun of me watching: Rocky, Rocky 2, Rocky 3 (especially), Rocky 4, Rocky 5, Iron Eagle, Last Dragon, Road House, Red Dawn... the list goes on and on.

Kimberley said...

Sounds like Kris' lineup of favorite movies too. :)

Heidi said...

well, i've seen it all....and i feel really old.