(Warning: Long Post)
After our stay with Granny Charlotte, we made our way to Scott's parents in Hereford, TX. This is usually an 8 hour drive (pre-Nick) from Fayetteville. It was around 3 hours from Glazier. Nick was ready to see his Magi and Grandad. As if he needs any more spoiling. The Key family was on hand to spend Thanksgiving with us. Nick had great fun w/ his cousins Emma and Zoie. Thanksgiving dinner this year was not only delicious, but stress free. Scott's mom did much of the cooking ahead of time and all we had to do was reheat. We had a really nice time catching up, eating and watching football with everyone. Here are a few highlights from our trip.
* Nick got to go out to the farm and ride his Grandad's tractor more than once. Scott said he shrieked with excitement when he saw the tractor rolling towards them and immediately started running towards it.
* Scott, his mom, and Darby braved the frigid temp and crush of people to get black Friday deals at Walmart. Crazy, I know! This was Scott's first time, and I imagine it will be his last. His mom wanted to get a Wii and he went for moral support. He's such a good son. I was slumbering away, nice and toasty in bed. They all got what they wanted and then some.
* All the ladies headed out shopping on Friday. Our annual trek is usually to Muleshoe and Clovis, NM. We don't hit any of the large retailers, just mom and pop shops, so they're not too crazy. I do okay w/ the shopping, but what I'm really there for is lunch at Leal's. It is the best Mexican food. We eat there every year, I request it anyway. I'll stop talking about it as it's making me hungry.
*Scott's mom actually had the nerve to tell Nick to stop doing something. You should have seen the look on his face. It was as if he smelled something bad. He came over to her and laid his head on her lap and announced how sad he was. How could she be so heartless? After this big production, his Magi spent the next several days trying to get back into his good graces w/ M&M and ice cream.
Thomas Turns 14!
6 years ago




3 comments:
Looks like you had a very nice Thanksgiving! Doesn't look like a bunch of crazies, like our families. J/k - - I guess every family has some of those.
What's Nick getting for Christmas?
so cute! i am so jealous of nick posing so well for you! looks like a wonderful trip!
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday :)
Post a Comment